Day in the life of Clodagh
So I decided to do something a little different for my blog/Vlog (am I a vlogger now?🙋♀️).
Everything I try to do daily reinforces the points the other coache’s blogs have been preaching. Preparation and recovery are key.
Below is just a little snippet of what a typical Tuesday looks like for me.
Coaching in Green isn’t the only thing I do unfortunately, I’m also a nurse part time. So like all of you, juggling work, training and life can be difficult, but it is possible…if you prepare in advance.
I live by the motto;
“fail to prepare, prepare to fail”
Pick a day to do your prep, prioritise it, make no excuses, and see the results 😎.
See below the recipes and instructions for two basic meals I prep on a regular basis that hold in the fridge and freeze/defrost with no change to taste 👌.
**CHICKEN AND CHORIZO BAKE**
(Makes 4 large servings)
4 chicken breasts
Onion and garlic
6-8 cherry tomatoes
(Veg of choice really)
Herbs and spices (my fav are paprika, Cajun, S+P and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar)
1) spray 2 baking trays with low cal spray
2) cut up chorizo and chicken and chop veg
3) arrange Chorizo in centre of trays surrounded by chicken and then place all chopped veg outside meat on both trays(like in pics on vlog)
4) season with herbs and spices and drizzle with balsamic depending on preference(no rules here guys)
5) spray again with low cal spray
6) place trays In pre heated oven for 20mins
7) take out and then over chorizo and chicken so cooks through and stir up veg
8) season other sides of chicken and place back In oven for a further 20 mins or until meat cooked through
9) take out meat and divide between 4lunchboxes
10) mix up veg in oils naturally produced from chorizo to flavour and divide among lunch boxes also
11) serve with uncle Ben’s Mexican rice/ rice of preference/sweet potatoe/ whatever you like
I top it with scirracha hot sauce and sometimes avocado…Enjoy 😍😍
(Makes 4-5 servings)
Onion and garlic
Veg of choice(I typically use courgette, peppers, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms when Podge isn’t eating it)
Carton of pasatta
Tbsp tomatoe puree
Herbs and spices (again I favour paprika, chilli powder, cayenne pepper, S+P, garlic salt)
1) fry up onions and garlic in water or low cal spray
2) add spices when onions soften
3)add mince and fry til Brown
4)fry all veg in separate pan while cooking mince. (I tend to add water as I cook as it is calorie free and keeps food from sticking. You don’t need oil to flavour your food. Use spices 💁♀️)
5) when mince cooked through and veg softened combine in one pan. Add pasatta and tomatoe puree.
6) bring to the boil and then simmer for as long as you have(20 minutes is enough though as all the food is cooked through already)
7) boil your pasta and again divide each among 4-5 lunch boxes.
-Bulk up meals with veg guys..#gamechanger
-I always have some side salad with meals Aswel to bulk up and I use balsamic vinegar as a low cal guilt free dressing
-cook with water/low cal spray to eliminate unnecessary kcals.
All my measurements/amounts are weighed uncooked/raw…if anyone needs a hand with macro breakdown or has any questions at all just give me a shout.
Clods LOVES food prep 🙋♀️😍.
2018 06 12